2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup thinly sliced onion
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon crushed oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 pound 2" square sirloin tips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup red wine
1 cup crushed tomato
1 cup pitted black olives, drained
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
favorite cooked rice
1. Prepare the rice according to instructions on package. Hold cooked rice for service.
2. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and heat for 30 seconds.
3. Add the onion, sliced mushroom, oregano, parsley, and sirloin tips. Sauté for approximately three minutes and season with salt & pepper. Continue cooking for an additional minute.
4. Deglaze the pan with the red wine and add the tomatoes, black olives and crushed red pepper. Simmer for five minutes.
5. Enjoy “Now That’s Italian” Sirloin Tips over cooked rice. Makes four portions.